NASCAR CUP SERIES
CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY R.C.
BANK OF AMERICA ROVAL 400
TEAM CHEVY POST-QUALIFYING REPORT
OCTOBER 8, 2022
WILLIAM BYRON LEADS CHEVROLET TO SIX TOP-10 STARTING SPOTS AT THE CHARLOTTE ROVAL
TEAM CHEVY UNOFFICIAL STARTING LINEUP:
2nd William Byron, No. 24 Valvoline Camaro ZL1
3rd Daniel Suarez, No. 99 CommScope Camaro ZL1
4th Tyler Reddick, No. 8 3CHI Camaro ZL1
7th AJ Allmendinger, No. 16 Action Industries Camaro ZL1
9th Chase Elliott, No. 9 NAPA Auto Parts Camaro ZL1
10th Ross Chastain, No. 1 Worldwide Express Camaro ZL1
13th Justin Haley, No. 31 LeafFilter Gutter Protection Camaro ZL1
15th Austin Dillon, No. 3 Get Bioethanol Camaro ZL1
18th Kyle Larson, No. 5 HendrickCars.com Camaro ZL1
25th Ricky Stenhouse Jr., No. 47 Harris Teeter / Scott Camaro ZL1
26th Erik Jones, No. 43 FOCUSfactor Camaro ZL1
28th Ty Dillon, No. 42 QuickChek Camaro ZL1
29th Noah Gragson, No. 48 Ally Camaro ZL1
30th Corey LaJoie, No. 7 Raze Energy Camaro ZL1
34th Mike Rockenfeller, No. 77 Bon Secours / Swamo Rabbits Camaro ZL1
39th Conor Daly, No. 50 Bitnile.com Camaro ZL1
TOP-FIVE UNOFFICIAL STARTING LINEUP:
1st Joey Logano (Ford)
2nd William Byron (Chevrolet)
3rd Daniel Suarez (Chevrolet)
4th Tyler Reddick (Chevrolet)
5th Austin Cindric (Ford)
· Chevrolet drivers took six of the top-10 starting positions for tomorrow’s NASCAR Cup Series Bank of America ROVAL 400 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course.
· Leading Chevrolet in the starting lineup is William Byron, qualifying second in his No. 24 Valvoline Camaro ZL1. This marks Byron’s 15th top-10 start of 2022 and his second at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course.
· Daniel Suarez was third-fastest in his No. 99 CommScope Camaro ZL1, giving Suarez his 11th top-10 start of 2022 and his first at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course.
· Chevrolet has recorded wins in 15 of the last 16 NASCAR Cup Series road course races, including a streak of the past 11 in a row.
· In four NASCAR Cup Series races at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course, Chevrolet has recorded three of those wins (Kyle Larson – 2021; and Chase Elliott – 2019, 2020).
· NBC will broadcast the NASCAR Cup Series Bank of America ROVAL 400 at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 9. Live coverage can also be found on the NBCSports Gold App, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, available in 79 countries with more than 3.2 million cars and trucks sold in 2020. Chevrolet models include electric and fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.