U.S Army will end sponsorship with Stewart-Hass Racing

[media-credit id=43 align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]The U.S Army will not continue its sponsorship with Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) in the No.39 car driven by Ryan Newman in 2013, ending a 10 year relationship.

“The U.S. Army has been a great partner of Stewart-Haas Racing since the team’s inception.” said Brett Frood, executive vice president of SHR.

According to Stewart-Hass racing on Tuesday, the decision was made because of “a reallocation of [the Army’s] marketing budget that will not include a presence in NASCAR.”

Earlier this year, the House Appropriations Committee adopted an amendment that would prohibit the military from sponsorship of sports events, a sum estimated at more than $135 million per year, with the majority going to NASCAR-related sponsorships.

“The U.S. Army has worked with Stewart-Haas Racing in a mutually beneficial and highly successful relationship for the past four seasons.” said John Myers, Army marketing director. “And they’ve performed superbly as our partner on and off the track. The same can be said of other members of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series family we have sponsored during the past 10 seasons.”

At one point the U.S Air Force, National Guard, Navy and Coast Guard all had full season sponsorship’s with a NASCAR team.

SHR officials say they are now “actively pursuing” another brand for sponsorship.

“We remain very proud of our representation of the U.S. Army and its brave soldiers who are 100 percent committed to our country. We will continue to activate on behalf of the U.S. Army for the rest of 2012, while also growing our other dynamic partnerships at Stewart-Haas Racing for the future.” said John Myers, Director, Marketing Support Element, Army Marketing and Research Group.

Are you a die-hard NASCAR fan? Follow every lap, every pit stop, every storyline? We're looking for fellow enthusiasts to share insights, race recaps, hot takes, or behind-the-scenes knowledge with our readers. Click Here to apply!

The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of SpeedwayMedia.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest articles

Alex Palou wins second Indianapolis 500 pole in 2026

The reigning Indy 500 champion and four-time IndyCar champion from Barcelona, Spain, clocked in a four-lap average-qualifying session at 232.248 mph in 2:35.0066 to secure his second Indy 500 career pole position.

Hamlin Wins Thrilling NASCAR All-Star Race at Dover Motor Speedway

Hamlin and teammate Chase Briscoe battled intensely in the final 200 laps, with Hamlin ultimately pulling away in the closing stages.

Rick Ware Racing: NASCAR All-Star Race from Dover

Cody Ware Results: "My team did a really good job. We were struggling and fighting with a lot of balance problems on corner entry in the first segment."

Denny Hamlin dominates for second All-Star Race victory at Dover

The three-time Daytona 500 champion from Chesterfield, Virginia, became a two-time All-Star Race champion in 2026 after he outdueled teammate Chase Briscoe in the final segment at Dover.

Best New Zealand Online Casinos