OneMain Financial 200
Dover International Speedway
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012
SAM HORNISH JR. – No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger Crew Chief: Chad Walter
Career Stats: Starts: 60 Wins: 1 Top Fives: 11 Top 10s: 25 Poles: 1 Laps Led: 243
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 27 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 9 Top 10s: 19 Poles: 1 Laps Led: 128
• Fourth in NNS championship standings, 46 points behind leader Elliott Sadler.
• Qualified 10th and finished 13th in June race at Dover, his best finish in two starts at the one-mile speedway.
• Ranks second overall among NNS regulars with 558 points in 16 superspeedway races this season and owns 12 top-10 finishes.
• Has been running at the finish in all 27 races this season.
RYAN BLANEY – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Crew Chief: Jeremy Bullins
Career Stats: Starts: 8 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top 10s: 5 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 0
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 8 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top 10s: 5 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 0
• Has recorded top-10 finishes in four most recent Nationwide starts.
• Best NNS finish is seventh (twice, most recently at Bristol – Race 23).
• Will be making his first NNS start at Dover.
• Has top-10 finishes in all three starts this season for Penske Racing (10th at Iowa, ninth at Richmond and ninth at Kentucky).
DODGE QUOTES: “I think we’ve got the same tire at Dover this weekend that we had earlier this year. I feel like we’ve got an idea of where we need to be. We need to be a lot better than what we were there in the spring. We definitely weren’t as bad as where we ended up but we need to be better for sure. That’s one of the places that we had a tough go of it where some of our competitors in the championship had a little bit better run. I feel like we’re going to have our work cut out for us there but we’re up for a challenge. If you’ve got a good car, you’re going to be able to pass people and be able to force ‘em to make mistakes.” –Sam Hornish Jr.
DODGE NUMBERS: DOVER
• Dodge has one NNS win at Dover (Ryan Newman, fall 2005).
• Dodge has two poles at Dover (Newman, fall of 2005 and Kasey Kahne, fall 2004).
• Dodge has 10 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes at Dover.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge is fielding two full-time entries in the series this year. Sam Hornish Jr. is competing for the series championship while Brad Keselowski and Ryan Blaney are sharing the driving duties in the second Penske Racing entry.
• Brad Keselowski gave Dodge and Penske Racing their first NASCAR Nationwide championship in 2010. His average finish for the season was 5.2.
• Dodge has 44 wins in the series including seven in each of the previous two seasons. The first Nationwide Series win came in 2002. Dodge had 11 wins in the series during the 2005 season.
• A Dodge has started from the pole 50 times.
• There have been 969 races in the series; Dodge has visited victory lane nine of the last 11 seasons.
FROM THE CREW CHIEF “I think the biggest thing is the driver is going to have some laps there this time around. I think we’ll be a lot closer and a lot better off when it’s our turn to go play. We’re following the Cup cars in our practice routine so Sam will have a little bit of time on the racetrack before he gets into the Alliance Challenger.” — Chad Walter, Crew Chief, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger