Race: Dover 200 presented by CiCi’s Pizza at Dover International Speedway
Team: No. 98 CertainTeed Windows/Menards Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Matt Puccia
Chassis: RK-699 Last ran at Iowa, July 2010, finished 16th
Broadcast Information: Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010- 3:00 p.m. (ET) ESPN2 and 3:00 p.m. on MRN radio affiliates and Sirius channel 128
• PAUL MENARD will make his 28th start of the season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Dover International Speedway in the Dover 200 presented by CiCi’s Pizza.
• MENARD at Dover International Speedway …In eight starts Menard has two top-10 finishes.
• LAPS…Menard has completed 98.9% of the laps he has attempted in NNS competition in 2010.
• ON THE TRACK…The No. 98 team will carry the CertainTeed Windows/Menards paint scheme on its Ford Fusion in this weekend’s Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway.
Paul Menard on racing at Dover International Speedway: “Dover is a challenging race track that can get the best of many good drivers. The driver controls a lot in determining the outcome of a race. Our CertainTeed Windows/Menards crew has worked really hard in preparing a fast racecar, so I am looking forward to putting my skills to the test this weekend.”
Crew chief Matt Puccia on racing at Dover International Speedway: “Dover is mean race track that requires a solid game plan to be successful. The high speeds and banking create an exciting racing atmosphere. We are looking forward to the challenge and can’t wait to bring our CertainTeed Windows/Menards Ford Fusion to the party.”
MENARD’S NNS RESULTS AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY:
Race Start Finish Laps Status
2004-MBNA 200 30 21 199/200 Running
2004-Stacker 200 16 15 199/200 Running
2005-MBNA racepoints 200 25 28 195/200 Running
2005-Dover 200 13 10 200/200 Running
2006-Stonebridgeracing.com 200 8 35 155/200 Crash
2006-Dover 200 5 37 162/202 Crash
2009-Heluva Good! 200 10 6 200/200 Running
2010 – Heluva Good! 200 24 28 198/205 Crash
8 1508 of 1607 (93.8%)
Average Start Laps Led
MENARD’S 2010 NNS RESULTS…
Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Laps Laps Led Avg. St. Avg. Fn. Rank
27 0 4 14 4881 17 14.1 12.6 5
• REWIND, RICHMOND, Va. – Paul Menard rolled off the grid in the 10th position on Friday night at Richmond International Raceway. Menard began moving up through the field saying that his Richmond/Menards Ford Mustang was free in the corners, tight in the center and free off but it was manageable. The veteran driver ran as high as sixth by lap 50 and continued to be in the top ten for the first 110 laps. Menard made a green flag pit stop on lap 111 and returned to the track in the 18th position. The wheelman methodically worked his Ford Mustang back in the top 10 and took the checkered flag in the eight position.
• MENARDS ON THE TRACK… In addition to their partnership with Roush Fenway Racing and the No. 98 Ford Mustang NASCAR Nationwide Series team, Menards is also affiliated with the racing ventures: Matt Crafton and Frank Kimmel, as well as the No. 98 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford Mustang entry in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
• ABOUT MENARDS … Menards is well-known throughout the Midwest for its complete selection of high-quality, name brand merchandise, tools for any job, and state-of-the-art in-store computers to help guests design their special projects. Menards carries the materials and tools for all of your home improvement projects from just needing a light bulb to building a new house! Plus, many Menards stores also carry name brand appliances, pet products, lawn and garden supplies, and even groceries as your one-stop shopping experience. As always, Menards is known for its excellent guest service and the place to “Save Big Money.” There is something for everyone at Menards from the beginning do-it-yourselfer to the experienced contractor. For more information and to find a store near you, please visit www.menards.com. For more Menards Racing info, please visit www.menardsracing.com.