“Speedy Bears” will be delivered to children in hospitals with events culminating on National Teddy Bear Day
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (August 31, 2022) – NASCAR-themed teddy bears named ‘Speedy Bear’ are being delivered to children in hospitals across the United States and Mexico as The NASCAR Foundation and Kaulig Giving join together for the sixth annual “Speedy Bear Brigade”. This year’s program expands into Mexico bringing the cumulative total to more than 8,000 Speedy Bears delivered over six years to help comfort children during their hospital stays.
The NASCAR Foundation’s Speedy Bear Brigade began delivering Speedy Bears to children earlier this week with stops in Monterrey, Mexico and Charlotte, North Carolina. NASCAR volunteers assisted with the deliveries, including representatives from the NASCAR Mexico Series who joined efforts for the first time.
“We are thrilled that our Speedy Bear Brigade continues to grow and impact more children each year,” said Nichole Krieger, The NASCAR Foundation executive director. “Support from donors like Kaulig Giving, the NASCAR Mexico Series and all of our wonderful NASCAR fans are so important in making this program a success as we help deliver cheer and positivity to children in hospitals everywhere.”
This year’s efforts mark the biggest to date with nearly 70 hospitals participating in race markets across the United States and Mexico. The initiative culminates on National Teddy Bear Day on Friday, September 9, with events in Akron, Ohio, home to Kaulig Giving headquarters and during NASCAR’s Kansas Speedway race weekend.
“We’re honored to team up with The NASCAR Foundation to deliver cheer, positivity, and comfort to children in hospitals across the country through the Speedy Bear Brigade program,” said Matt Kaulig, team owner of Kaulig Racing and founder of Kaulig Giving. “Our partnership with The NASCAR Foundation continues to grow on and off the track and is a priority for us. All of us share the incredible goal of impacting the communities we love by helping children in need live happier, healthier lives.”
NASCAR fans are encouraged to join the Speedy Bear Brigade by making a $25 donation to The NASCAR Foundation to sponsor a Speedy Bear and send an inspirational message to a child in the hospital. As an additional incentive, Kaulig Giving will match all contributions made at NASCARfoundation.org up to $25,000.
Locations supported by The NASCAR Foundation’s Speedy Bear Brigade powered by Kaulig Giving include:
- Akron, Ohio – Akron Children’s Hospital
- Birmingham, Alabama – Children’s of Alabama
- Braselton, Georgia – Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Charlotte, North Carolina – Hemby Children’s Hospital and Levine Children’s Hosptial
- Cleveland, Ohio – Cleveland Clinic
- Concord, North Carolina – Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital
- Darlington, South Carolina – McLeod Children’s Hospital
- Daytona Beach, Florida – Halifax Health
- Homestead, Florida – Homestead Hospital
- Indianapolis, Indiana – Riley Children’s Hospital
- Jackson, Michigan – Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Louisville, Kentucky – Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Monterrey, Mexico – Hospital Materno Infantil de Alta Especialidad
- Nashville, Tennessee – Monroe Carell Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Phoenix, Arizona – Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Pocono, Pennsylvania – Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Richmond, Virginia – Children’s Hospital at VCU
- Rochester, New York – Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Sebring, Florida – AdventHealth Sebring
- Shawnee Mission, Kansas – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
About The NASCAR Foundation
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Inc. (NASCAR) established The NASCAR Foundation in January 2006 to support initiatives that positively affect the lives of children throughout the United States. The 501(c) (3) non-profit entity partners with medical experts and other charitable organizations to fund children’s health care programs. The NASCAR Foundation has cumulatively donated nearly $40 million to reach more than 1.4 million children. For more information on The NASCAR Foundation, visit NASCARfoundation.org. Follow The NASCAR Foundation on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NASCARFoundationor on Twitter at @NASCAR_FDN.
About Kaulig Giving
Since 2018, Kaulig Giving has partnered with more than 200 non-profit organizations in Northeast Ohio and beyond to create a lasting impact for children and families. As an integral part of the Kaulig Companies Charitable Giving Programs, Kaulig Giving continues to help support the well-being of children and families through direct giving, community involvement, and partnerships with like-minded organizations. To learn more about Kaulig Giving and its current partners and projects, visit https://www.kauliggiving.comwww.kauliggiving.com.