Largest Japanese Oil Company to Serve as Full-Time Associate and Primary Sponsor for Multiple NASCAR XFINITY Series Races in 2015
Concord, NC (Feb. 5, 2015) – HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi announced today a continued partnership with Japan’s largest oil company, JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp., which will see its premium synthetic oil brand, ENEOS, as the primary sponsor on the No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro driven by Kyle Larson for eight NASCAR XFINITY Series races. In addition, ENEOS will be a full-time associate sponsor for the No. 42 NASCAR XFINITY Series team and the No. 2 Larson Marks Racing World of Outlaws sprint car team.
Larson, the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) Rookie of the Year, flew the ENEOS colors twice in NASCAR XFINITY Series competition last year and won their first race together at Charlotte Motor Speedway last May.
ENEOS has a long and successful history in multiple racing series around the world. In continuing a partnership with HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi, Larson, who is the only NASCAR XFINITY Series driver of Japanese ancestry, continues showcasing their brand on an exciting stage.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
· The Brand: ENEOS: ENEOS is the brand name for premium synthetic oil products manufactured and sold by JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp., the largest oil company in Japan. ENEOS products are the highest quality automotive lubricants available in the market place today. These products use advanced additive and base oil technology, the result of joint engineering and research with all of the Japanese automotive manufacturers. ENEOS lubricants provide exceptional performance, power and protection for a wide variety of applications including race cars, motorcycles and street automobiles.
· ENEOS and Motorsports: ENEOS is no stranger to motorsports. Beginning in 2000, ENEOS began formulating, supplying and sponsoring Honda’s Formula 1 racing team. In addition to its products being used in numerous racing series, ENEOS currently sponsors racing teams in series across the globe. Sponsored teams include three-time U.S. Rallycross Champion Tanner Foust in Global Rallycross, Lexus Team LeMans ENEOS in Super GT, the Yamaha Factory Racing team in Moto GP and Akinori Ogata in NASCAR’s K&N Pro Series East.
· Kyle Larson and the No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro: In his third year driving in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, Larson has continually shown steady improvements since his 2013 Rookie of the Year season. In 61 career NASCAR XFINITY Series starts, Larson has two wins, 23 top-fives, 38 top-10s and one pole. Larson, whose mother is Japanese, is the only driver of Japanese descent in the NASCAR XFINITY Series and NSCS.
· When to Watch for the No. 42 ENEOS Chevrolet Camaro: Larson will fly the ENEOS colors eight times during the 2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series season (Daytona 2/21, Atlanta 2/28, Auto Club 3/22, Charlotte 5/23, Bristol 8/21, Chicagoland 9/19, Dover 10/3, Phoenix 11/14).
· Larson Marks Racing: Larson Marks Racing, co-owned with Justin Marks, will compete full time on the 88-race World of Outlaws tour this season. In its first year of competition last season, the Larson Marks Racing team with driver Shane Stewart won three World of Outlaws events, including a preliminary night at the prestigious Knoxville Nationals. Last month, Larson drove the car to its first win of 2015 at Cocopah Speedway in Arizona.
Motoshi Sunami, President and CEO, JX Nippon Oil & Energy USA Inc.: “Our ENEOS team is proud and eager to continue this partnership with Kyle Larson and HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi. Kyle has proven his talent in the sport, as well as his ability to successfully represent his partners. ENEOS has developed advanced lubrication technologies over decades of research that will have a strong presence in NASCAR. We tasted success at Charlotte last year and hope for much of the same in 2015.”
Harry Scott Jr., Co-Owner, HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi Racing: “ENEOS has been a great partner to work with and I’m proud to have them on the No. 42 Chevrolet for eight races this season. They entered the sport with a lot of enthusiasm and it’s obvious that their passion for NASCAR and auto racing has grown with their increased presence in the sport. Kyle (Larson) was able to take them to Victory Lane last season and I look forward to standing there with them again soon.”
Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: “We are very excited to continue our partnership with ENEOS for the 2015 season. Additionally, it will be great to have a Japanese company continue a partnership with Kyle Larson, the only current driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series with a Japanese heritage. We feel like the partnership in NASCAR will help continue build the ENEOS brand amongst current race fans and further expand NASCAR to a new group of fans.”
ENEOS is the corporate brand name of JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation, the largest oil company in Japan. ENEOS brand motor oil is developed to exceed the highest standards of the automotive industry. ENEOS product ranges from motor oil that offers optimal performance protection under the most extreme temperature variations, to ecologically friendly motor oil that provides superior fuel saving capacity. For more information please visit www.eneos.us.
About JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corporation:
JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corporation is a fully integrated petroleum products company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. JX Nippon Oil offers petroleum products and services throughout the world. Through partnerships with world class customers, JX Nippon Oil produces technologically advanced motor oils and transmission fluids that reduce carbon emissions, improve fuel economy and reduce wear on critical components. For more information please visit www.noe.jex-group.co.jp/english/.
About HScott Motorsports:
HScott Motorsports, which was established in 1989 as Phoenix Racing, is owned and operated by Harry Scott, Jr. and competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The team competes fulltime in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with Michael Annett driving the No. 46 Pilot / Flying J Chevrolet and Justin Allgaier driving the No. 51 Brandt Chevrolet, both with technical support from Hendrick Motorsports. Scott is also the owner of HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi, which fields the No. 42 Camaro in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. His vision is to build a championship contender by developing talented young drivers, partnering with dedicated sponsors and competing hard every week. For more information visit www.hscottmotorsports.com.
About Chip Ganassi Racing Teams:
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include four cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and one Prototype in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Overall his teams have 17 championships and 160 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400, six Rolex 24 At Daytonas and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Brownsburg, Ind. and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Pa. For more information log onto www.chipganassiracing.com.