Sam Mayer No. 21 Spencer Clark Foundation Chevrolet
Notes & Quotes:—
– Sam Mayer was quickest in both of Thursday’s practice sessions at the Bullring.
– Mayer qualified on pole for the Star Nursery 150, breaking the track record for the Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
– Mayer dropped to second in the opening laps, but regained the lead on Lap 14. Mayer would stay out front for most of the race, avoiding trouble under caution and staying consistent on restarts to maintain his position. Mayer battled on the final restart to keep his lead, ultimately claiming the victory.
– Mayer led all but 12 laps of the 150 lap event.
– This is Mayer’s second win in two ARCA Racing Series starts in 2020.
– This is Mayer’s first ARCA West victory at Bullring at Las Vegas.
ABOUT GMS RACING
GMS Racing competes full-time in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series with drivers Brett Moffitt, Sheldon Creed, Tyler Ankrum and Zane Smith as well as part-time with David Gravel. The team also competes in the ARCA Racing Series with Sam Mayer. Since the team began in 2014, GMS Racing won the 2016 Gander Trucks Championship, the 2019 ARCA East championship and has grown to occupy several buildings located in Statesville, N.C. The campus also includes operations for GMS Fabrication. More information can be found at https://gmsracing.net/.
To keep up-to-date with the latest news, information and exclusive content, follow GMS Racing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.